Saturday, January 10, 2009

FRIENDS and RAGGING

The next day morning i boarded bus along with some known friends(inter friends)of my stop.On boarding the bus,i observed some seniors settled at last seats getting ready for ragging process.I made some bold steps towards them and placed myself 2 seats front of them and remained silent with out conversing with any.A senior(my brothers friend)called me and as sir's(lecturer's)entered the bus they left me asking only my name.I shifted my place to left row 1st bench in the classroom and my bench mates are raghavendra and samba.And finally the day for seniors to interact(ragg) with juniors came i.e "freshers day".First all the juniors were assembled at main stage(what they call it as open theatre).some so called intellectuals have given their booring message after which the real game started.cse members were called to their block where HOD(rb) addressed the meeting and left the place leaving junrs(us)as prey to seniors & the hunt has started .They started calling juniors one by one on to the dias and asked some filthy questions.They asked many to act,dance,sing......The one thing i can never forget on that day was manhar's incident.manhar is my class mate since childhood.He is the son of local MLA.He was called to rag and for some reason(he don't like what seniors ask him to do)or other he refused to do what seniors said then he was made to stand on the stage itself and after some time he was released due to the intervention of teachers.I too positioned my self on the dias.They asked me SD(self details) .I wonder as this SD is the worst thing which we doesn't like to answer to seniors as they repeatedly ask us to say again and again until we give proper honours to them. But while placements we try in different ways to portray our sD to HR (which gets practised at freshers- day).I remember mahesh danced on that stage ,a good performance by him.And it finally ended leaving in me mixed fellings of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment